Some time ago, I mentioned things. Things like a wedding expo and finding a wedding venue. Well, we found our wedding venue!
Earlier this month, Kobus and I arranged to view more properties than person should be allowed to view. The Monday we travelled to the capital of wedding venues in Joburg: Muldersdrift. The Tuesday we stayed closer to Pretoria traveling to the Cullinan, Bronkhorstspruit and Dinokeng areas in search of the perfect venue!
In total we have viewed 18 properties. (Poor man) After viewing property number 16 we realised we had secretly made up our minds. Kobus and I were viewing property after property, comparing all the features and always returning to the same property!
It was only when I returned to work and googled the property, only looking for photographers’ pictures of our venue that I stumbled upon this: Angel’s Ranking of Venues! Furthermore I was pretty excited to see Angel was just as enthusiastic about our venue as we were!
What we like about our venue:
- Beautiful lush and green gardens for our garden wedding
- Their “stoep” is the perfect back-up plan should it rain
- (Which it shouldn’t as we are getting married in August)
- The reception hall speaks volumes – so much character and perfect for our theme
- Under-floor heating (should I say more)
- Two fireplaces in the hall both for ambience and warmth
- There will be mini bomas for the smokers outside
- The venue has proper chairs – the thought of garden chairs with chair covers isn’t very appealing!
- The vintage car we can use for photos
- Many nooks and crannies for beautiful flowers.
- In house DJ that knows the property’s needs
- A hairdresser related to a bride’s maid, around the corner from the property!
- Location – the property is easy to find, close to the high-way and main roads. No guests traveling home, will have a problem with badly lit roads!
- Kleinkaap is in the process of building guest rooms on their property for guests wanting to stay over-night.
- Laid back elegance. Should I say more?
In other fabulous news, they have night viewings of the property, which is calling my name!
Now all we need to do, is sign a contract and pay a deposit.