Where does time go? Just the other day I was writing my goals for the year and here we are 6 months later and it really doesn’t feel like I’ve come all that far. I feel the need to recap:
- Loose weight – this is a big fail and for some reason it always it. Loosing weight is always on the list and it never really happens. We started off okay, we ended our gym membership with Planet Fitness and started going to Virgin Active. Then the whole house packing-fixing-moving happened. And here we are a nearly a whole month later and the gym has seen me in weeks. I should see the fact that my body is telling me it is time to get moving again as a good sign, shouldn’t I?
- Documenting the year. I have started a 365 photo project. For the most part I take a photo every day, some of the times I forget to post the photo. Furthermore I have committed to posting at least twice a week and I seem to get by, even when some of the days are “lazy” posts with only photos.
- I haven’t gotten around to buying my DSLR, just yet.. I will get there as soon as I can.
- Actively looking for a career opportunity. Here I have been bless so much this year. I have gone into a completely different direction with my career and most days are extremely challenging for me. But I guess that is the discomfort you feel when you get out of your comfort zone.
- UNISA. I successfully completed my 2 modules last semester and I was very happy with the results. This semester I have only registered for 3 modules instead of the four. However I will also complete an eight week online course. So I guess that equals out.
- Support my husband in this new business ventures.. This turned out very different to what we were planning, expecting and working towards. He is happy and because K is happy I am happy.
I guess this is why we review goals. So far I am looking pretty good with a 4 out of 6. Point number 3 I don’t have much control over, it is one of those things that I want to have as a priority, but will happen when it happens.
How is your goals coming along for the year?