Father’s day 2012 had a couple of twists in it.. For a start, my boys went on their very own treasure hunt that involved a drive around town, with only the new street names as clues. The idea was for Mr. Daddy to follow the route set out for him, and match the new street names with what they were previously called. Something K was very good at until he
got didn’t get to Nico Smit Street, previously knows at Michael Brink St. Here is a bit of what the hunt was like:
- Turn Left into January Masilela
- Turn Right at the second traffic light
- Cross the high way, follow the road (my tattoo artist on you left)
- Where the road ends you need to turn Right
- Turn left into Justice Mohammed Street
- When you get to Jan Shoba turn Left
- Around and round the circle and into Main Street
Kobus and 2 boys ended their journey off at the National Botanical Garden were even thought the weather wasn’t all that great, we had a picnic.
Having K in my life and in the life of my kids, is an honour. I appreciate him, i appreciate the example his for me and our kids!
Like any good mom and wife I was ready with the rewards for every correct Street Name:
Thank you for the idea Pinterest!
Love you darling and I cannot imagine a single day without you.