So having a boyfriend has meant there has been quite a lot of changes in my life. I find myself doing things very differently because time and the value of time has changed a lot:
- My best friend has started complaining because I don’t blog or tweet enough now. I should rather say she phones me to tell me she is disappointed in me, for not posting a blog post.
- Lack of time invested in completing assignments and studying! I should mention that my boyfriend is completely committed to making sure I complete my assignments on time and in good form. And he has advised me, that I will need to start a strict study schedule after the Easter weekend!
- Time spend socialising with only my female friend. We still visit. We still speak on the phone – it just now feels different, it feels like I am neglecting them a bit. I know it isn’t a case of me not knowing what is going on in their lives.
- In the past I would lay on the couch feeling lazy, I know find myself getting home and being productive, doing the householdy things I would normally only do in the middle of the night because it has to get done. (vacuuming in at 11pm, my poor neighbours!!)
- I’m doing a lot less impulsive things, I now say things like: “Let me just see what Kobus and I have planned for the day”
- I plan!!! We have a shared google calendar! This makes planning so much easier!
I’m having so much fun! I’m sure things will settle shortly, studying is a big concern at the moment, as Laura reminded me, exams start in just over a month. I think for right now however I will just enjoy the long weekend that lies ahead!